7.0 e-mail configuration
1. Start Netscape Mail & Newsgroups.
2. Click on Edit, then on Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings.
3. Click on Add Account at the bottom of the window.
4. When the Account Wizard
window pops up, make sure "Email account" has the dot next
to it and click Next.
5. In the Your Name box, type the
name you want people to see when you send them messages. In the
Email Address box, type your TIES e-mail address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
6. On the Server Information screen, make sure "POP"
has the dot next to it, then type the following in the appropriate
Incoming Server: pop3.ties2.net
Outgoing Server: mail.ties2.net
7. Type the following in the appropriate boxes:
User Name: your login name,
which is the first part of your e-mail address before the @ (for
Account Name: your full e-mail address (for example, email@example.com)
Next and then Finish.
8. Click once on Outgoing Server (SMTP) to highlight it. In the
Server Name box, type: mail.ties2.net
9. In the Port box, type: 25
10. Uncheck "Use name and password."
11. Set "Use secure connection (SSL)": to
"Never" and then click on OK.
12. Netscape 7.0 Mail should now have your e-mail address listed in
the column on the left. You can now send and receive e-mail.
Help line home