Windows XP dial-up configuration
Setting upthe dial-up connection
1. Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Internet Connections and then click Network Connections.
3. Click on Create a new connection. After the New Connection Wizard starts, click Next.
4. In the Network Connection Type dialogue, choose the Connect to the Internet option, then click Next.
5. Select "Set up my connection manually" and click Next.
6. Select "Connect using a dial-up modem" and click Next.
7. Enter TIES as the ISP Name and click Next.
8. Enter the phone number 651-765-8000. If you have call waiting and wish to disable it while you are online, type *70 in front of the phone number. After you have entered the phone number, click Next.
9. On the Connection Availability screen, select "Anyone’s use" and click Next.
10. Enter the following in the appropriate fields:
User name: Your TIES login name
Password: Your TIES password
Password confirm: Your TIES password
Uncheck the box that says “Turn on
Internet Connection sharing for this connection,” then click Next.
This option may not be available to XP home users.
In the Preferred DNS Server
In the Alternate DNS Server
Connecting to the Internet
You have now completed all of the instructions that are needed
for your Internet connection. To get connected: